Middle Grades Social Studies and Science Teacher
2017-2018 School Year
Annunciation Catholic School, in Havelock, NC, is seeking a dynamic, knowledgeable, and engaging Middle Grades Social Studies and Science Teacher. Annunciation Catholic School has a rich history of Catholic education dating back to 1954, and is centrally located to MCAS Cherry Point, the historical beauty of New Bern, and the beaches of the Crystal Coast.
The ideal candidate would:
• Teach Social Studies and Science for Grades 6-8, as well as process skills such as planning, collecting data, interpreting results, and safety, according to the Diocese of Raleigh Science Curriculum
• Organize and manage the school’s Science Lab
• Develop and implement hands-on learning experiences and labs using research-based instruction and rigorous assessments to assess multiple levels of content and skills
• Understand the content, create cross-curricular connections, and design instructional plans that include higher order thinking skills and acquisition of deeper content knowledge
• Incorporate the seamless integration of technology and naturally infuse 21st Century skills in lessons that support the school’s instructional program and goals
• Develop and implement rigorous hands-on learning, assignments, and assessments
• Exhibit a strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement
• Contribute to a positive, Catholic school culture driven by high expectations for student achievement, professional growth, and collaboration to enhance student learning
• Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Education or an applicable Social Studies or Science degree
• Hold a Middle Grades Science and Social Studies Teaching License
Please send a resume and cover letter to Mrs. Anna Bragg, Principal (email@example.com ).